Dashboard Benchmark Evaluation
This document is designed to give you questions to consider and additional guidance to successfully complete the Dashboard Benchmark Evaluation assignment. You may find it useful to use this document as a pre-writing exercise, an outlining tool, or as a final check to ensure that you have sufficiently addressed all the grading criteria for this assignment. This document is a resource to help you complete the assignment. Do not turn in this document as your assignment submission.
Evaluate dashboard metrics with regard to benchmarks set by local, state, or federal health care policies or laws.
- This is your evaluation of weaknesses in the entire set of benchmarks. Which metrics are below the mandated benchmarks in the organization?
- What are the local, state, or federal health care policies or laws that set these benchmarks?
Analyze challenges that meeting prescribed benchmarks can pose for a heath care organization or an interprofessional team.
- What are the specific challenges or opportunities that the organization or interprofessional team might have in meeting the benchmarks? Examples:
- Strategic direction.
- Organizational mission.
- Financial: operational and capital funding.
- Logistical considerations: physical space.
- Support services (any ancillary department that gives support to a specific care unit in the organization, such as pharmacy, cleaning services, dietary, et cetera).
- Cultural diversity in the organization.
- Cultural diversity in the community.
- Procedures and processes.
- Why are the challenges identified potentially contributing to benchmark underperformance?
Evaluate a benchmark underperformance in a heath care organization or an interprofessional team that has the potential for greatly improving overall quality or performance.
- This is where you focus on the benchmark that you have chosen to target for improvement. Which metric is underperforming its benchmark by the greatest degree?
- Which benchmark underperformance is the most widespread throughout the interprofessional team or organization?
- Which benchmark affects the greatest number of patients? Which benchmark affects the greatest number of staff?
- How does this affect the community that the organization serves?
- As you think about the issue and the current poor benchmark outcomes, where is the greatest opportunity to improve the overall quality or performance of the interpersonal team or organization, and ultimately to improve patient outcomes?
Advocate for ethical action in addressing a benchmark underperformance, directed toward an appropriate group of stakeholders.
- What is an appropriate group of stakeholders to take action to improve your identified benchmark metric?
- What are some ethical actions the stakeholder group could take that support improved benchmarks?
- Why should the stakeholder group take action?
Communicate evaluation and analysis in a professional and effective manner, writing content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Is your report well organized and easy to follow?
- Is your report 2–4 pages?
- Is your writing clear and professional?
Integrate relevant sources to support arguments, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
- Did you cite 2–4 sources of scholarly, professional, or policy evidence to support your analysis and advocacy?
- Did you cite relevant local, state, or federal health care policies or laws when discussing the mandated benchmarks?
- Are your sources cited in APA format throughout the report?
- Have you included a title page and a reference list?
Length of report: 2–4 double-spaced, typed pages. Your report should be succinct yet substantive.
Please include a title page and a reference list in addition to your 2–4 page report.
Number of references: Cite a minimum of 2–4 sources of scholarly, professional, or policy evidence to support your analysis and advocacy.
APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.