- Discussion—Sustainability Performance Measures
Strategic sustainability planning covers purposes and benefits, SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis for strategic sustainability planning, tactical plans, goals and indicators for goal achievement, and setting metrics and indicators to goals. In strategic sustainability planning, it is important to address issues of goal clarity and reasons for failure to deliver performance.
In this assignment, you will examine reasons for measuring sustainability performance and achieving goals. In addition, you will define sustainability goals, targets, indicators, and metrics using performance indices such as Global Environmental Management Initiative’s (GEMI) metrics for tracking performance.
Use the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet to research and analyze sustainability performance measures at Starbucks Coffee Company. Determine which sustainability performance measures are being or might be used at Starbucks.
One or more of the following measures should be addressed:
- Financial indicators
- CSR indicators
- Measures of effectiveness at meeting goals
- Operational performance indicators related to internal conditions
- Sustainability condition indicators related to factors outside the organization
- Leading and lagging indicators
By the due date assigned, post your response to the Discussion Area. Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions
|Quality of responses to classmates
|Frequency of responses to classmates
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials
|Language and grammar