Employee Resistance in a Multinational
Report on employee resistance in a multinational, can use one of the companies given in the assignment brief or you can come up with your own multinational, no extra credit for deciding your own one. It has a word count of 2000 words +/- 10%. References are not included but in text citations are.
ASSIGNMENT 2 [70%] – Lessons Learnt. (Group or Individual)
You can do the coursework assignment individually or in groups. If you choose to work in groups it must be with people who are in your tutorial. It does not have to be with the same people with whom you did the presentation/video. If you do an individual report it should be a maximum of 2000 words. For groups the word limit is as follows: Group of 2: up to 2500 words; Group of 3: up to 3000 words; Group of 4: up to 3500 words; Group of 5: up to 4000 words.
Your report should address the following issue:
“Lessons learnt: An investigation into the failed (or successful) organizational change in a Multinational Enterprise”
This is your opportunity to develop research and report writing skills, and to apply to a real scenario some of the concepts and theories discussed in the lectures and tutorials. You can select a multinational company of your choice or write a report on one of the following:
- The failure of organizational change at Sony Corporation
- Organizational change and culture at Netflix
- Organizational change and leadership at Nokia
- Organizational Changes at Starbucks
- Organizational change after the merger of Bank of America and Merrill Lynch
- Organizational change after the acquisition of Kinko’s by FedEx
- Organizational change at HP
- Organizational change after the merger of AOL and Time Warner
- Organizational change after the merger of United and Continental Airlines
- Organizational Change at Estee Lauder
- Organizational change after the acquisition of Cadbury by Kraft
- Organizational Change at Zappos
- Continuous Organizational Change at Samsung Electronics
- Organizational change after the acquisition of Gillette by Procter & Gamble
- Organizational change at Ford Motor Company
- Organizational Change at Reebok
Your report needs to include an executive summary of your findings, an introduction to your report (including the rationale for writing about your chosen angle; what are you going to cover, and in what order), an analysis of the relevant factors leading to the change, a discussion of the types of change that occurred, how successful were the changes and why, a conclusion and recommendations.
You will need to use the electronic library resources (e.g., databases of academic journals and practitioner publications; Passport; LexisNexis) for your research – do not rely solely on Internet search engines.
Your report needs to be submitted via Turnitin on the ELE webpage. You can submit a draft of your report to Turnitin to check for potential plagiarism. The over-write function will be enabled so you can submit a first draft, check the results (this may take a few hours!) and then submit your final version.
Deadline: Your report must be submitted via Turnitin on the ELE webpage by Friday 7th December, 15:00