Suppose your organization is concerned about a number of health issues that have either affected an increased number of the residents in the community or show the probability of affecting a larger number of people in the population. Your organizational leaders have asked different health care professionals within the organization, including you, to examine the issues from your perspective, and to submit a report that includes evidence-based ways to address the issues.
You will first need to identify a critical health care issue in your community or state. You may choose either a public health issue, such as sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), measles, Lyme disease, asthma, et cetera; or a community health issue, such as uncontrolled diabetes, congestive heart disease, 30-day readmission, et cetera.
Format this assessment as a professional report. It may help to look at reports or other documents used within your organization and to follow that formatting. You must still follow APA guidelines for in-text citations and references, and include a title page and reference page.
Within the report:
- Describe one critical health issue in your community or state that has grown larger or has the potential to become larger. Be sure to include any statistics available on the health issue. Tip:check your county and/or state health department Web site.
- Explain the factors that contribute to this health issue. Consider things such as access to health care services, economics, culture, attitude, education, health care policies, and so on.
- Describe any interventions your community or state has put in place to address the health care issue. Include information on how long the interventions have been in place, how the community was made aware of the interventions, and so on.
- Describe the scope and role of nursing and public health nursing in the interventions to reduce the health issue.
- Recommend evidence-based ways the scope of the interventions could be expanded to increase positive health outcomes. Think in terms of cost, efficiency and access, effectiveness, and the use of both conventional and unconventional interventions.
Complete your assessment using the following specifications:
- Title page and reference page.
- Number of pages: 3–4 (not including the title and reference pages).
- At least 4 current scholarly or professional resources.
- APA format for citations and references.
- Times New Roman font, 12-point, double-spaced.
TOPIC : Community Health.
IMPORTANT INFO BELOW :
1) Please use the following as subheadings, address/answer them below the subheadings in paragraph form paying special attention and researching well the highlighted sentences below. Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation. Correctly format citations and references using APA formatting and mechanics.
- Explain the factors that contribute to a critical health care issue within a specific community, and clearly illustrate how the factors affect the critical health care issue.
- Describe current interventions to target a critical health care issue within a specific community, and include details on duration, communication methods, and effectiveness..
- Explain how the scope and role of nursing in current interventions that target a critical health care issue contribute to positive health outcomes.
- Recommend evidence-based ways to expand the scope of interventions to target a critical health issue in terms of cost, efficiency and access, and effectiveness. Include both conventional and unconventional interventions.
- Describe a critical health care issue within a specific community, and provide statistical information related to frequency, severity, and population most affected.