The Business Case for Quality: Rubric
|Description of Criteria: This paper is a BUSINESS PROPOSAL. A patient is admitted to the hospital and during ER assessment, patient is placed in the wrong level of care due to Dr oversight of patient’s lab values, hemodynamics, etc. ER Dr too busy seeing other patients. What can it be done from a business prospect to change this, to avoid having to upgrade a patient to the correct level of care before patient transferred to the wards?
|Introduction. One paragraph that ends with a thesis statement. The thesis statement should be no longer than 1 sentence summarizing the purpose of the paper.
|Description of the current situation (I will complete this section)
|Description of the new program or proposed solution. Presentation of detailed, evidence-based solution that fixes the above problem.
|Market Analysis. SWOT analysis using provided template. Submitted as appropriately formatted appendix.
|Implementation Plan. Detailed, clear, and realistic timeline of the implementation process.
|Financials. Line item program budget. Submitted as appropriately formatted appendix.
|Conclusion. Summary of essential points. No new information.
|Executive Summary. Single-spaced, bulleted document summarizing essential points using complete sentences. Submitted as appropriately formatted appendix.
- The paper should be organized with headings per APA format. At minimum, everyone should have one, Level I heading for each section of the rubric. Depending on writing style and topic, students may need to add additional Level 2 headings for some sections. Headings should be present in the same order in which they are presented in the rubric.
- The paper should be written in a formal, scholarly style and based on primary resources. Correct APA format is required. The paper should be between 5-6 pages in length (excluding title page, reference pages, and appendices) and should have a minimum of 10 peer reviewed references. References should be timely: published within the previous five (5) years.
- For submission, each paper should be “named” according to the file naming policy of the course.
- Each paper should be submitted to Turnitin.com. Submit appendices to Turnitin. Remember to remove title and reference pages prior to Turnitin submission. Appendices are to be submitted to Turnitin. A copy of the Turnitin originality report should be merged behind the paper.
- Submission Instructions: Each paper should be submitted in PDF format to the appropriate category of the Assignments section. Your Turnitin report should be merged with your scholarly paper (behind your paper) prior to submission. There will be one document uploaded to the Assignment section.
- Up to 20% of the total points for this assignment may be deducted for an overall lack of scholarship, to include APA errors, grammatical errors, incorrect spelling, over the page limit, failure to attach Turnitin report, etc.
- You may see a resubmit button. Please understand that course policy does not permit re submission of assignments; however, we have included this re-submission option for incidental mishaps occurring prior to assignment due date, such as someone forgetting to convert their assignments to pdf format, need to edit/revise paper based on Turnitin report, etc.
- Assignments not submitted properly will not be graded and will receive a 10% deduction. If this occurs, students will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to resubmit correctly.