Rolling Stones 500 Greatest Albums.
Pick an album from this list. Try to pick an album you don’t already own. Try to pick an album that is very different from what you usually listen to. Really sit down and listen!
1. Provide background about the artist or band. Where did the group originate? Who are the members?
2. When was the album recorded? Where? Discuss any unique circumstances about the creation of this album.
3. What qualities make this album unique? Subject matter and lyrics? Social commentary? New recording techniques? New musical styles? Is it influential? WHY is this album on the Top 500 list?
4. Discuss EACH song on this album. Title? Length? Subject matter? Musical Styles? Quality of Performance? If there are five songs on the album, you should have five paragraphs. If there are thirteen songs on the album, you should have thirteen paragraphs.
5. Discuss your REACTION to this album. Did you enjoy it? Did it “speak” to you? This is probably the most important part of the paper.
6. This assignment is part “RESEARCH PAPER.” Cite your sources. How many sources?