The main purpose of the case study project is to give you an opportunity to apply and demonstrate your understanding of the topics covered in the assignments and readings to the company you chose. This individual case study is also designed to give you the opportunity to be immersed in typical evaluations of company information especially in marketing. The paper is expected to 12 – 13 pages double spaced, with a 12-point font, and standard 1” top and bottom margins with 1.5” side margins. It is required that you email me your company selection by Saturday September 15, 2018 by 11:59 via email. Failure to submit your company selection you will lose 7 points from your project. You will then submit a draft to me via email, by Saturday October 13, 2018 by 11:59pm via email. The draft should include 3 to 4 pages of your work on the project with some details. Failure to submit your draft submission you will lose 7 points from your project. The paper is due on December 1, 2018 by 11:59 via email. Your submission should be emailed to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. No late submissions will be accepted. Each student will select a real-world business to conduct their research. If you use another person’s work, you must cite the author and source. Taking another individual’ s thoughts, expressions and/or written work without citation is a violation of academic integrity. Using others work is expected and encouraged to highlight the case study only if credits are granted to the authors using APA format. It is required that you use one source per written page.
The following is a list of points that must be included in each student’s presentation and paper.
1)Describe the marketing environment within the company being researched. (Is the marketing campaign an aggressive approach? Does the company focus on a specific target market? If so describe the target market using lots of details.
2)Identify the SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) of the company being researched. The SWOT analysis should be specific and examine both internal and external environments within the company being researched. Conducting the SWOT analysis will help you better understand the company being researched.
3) Include the company’s mission and vision statement. Provide your interpretation of the company’s future initiative from the mission and vision.
4) Identify the company’s industry and its main competitors (Is rivalry strong, modest, or nonexistent). Describe the competition include the success and failures of the competition.
5) Identify the company’s marketing strategy. Is the company using multiple marketing approaches?
6) Identify how the company creates this sense of added value for its customer(s), and or wholesalers?
7) Describe if the company uses mass marketing or mass customization to market their products. Many companies may use both approaches depending on the market they serve. Be specific and identify the types of products they offer, and which approach the business uses.
8) Survey a group of individuals to determine how society views the company being researched (survey questions should be related to the four P’s of marketing). All surveys must be approved by the professor before collecting samples. You must survey at least 25 individuals and your surveys must include 20 questions. All collected survey responses should be included in the appendix of the final paper.
9) Describe any of the company’s intellectual property and explain how the company has conserved its intellectual property rights.
1 Recommendations (Each student must give the company several strategic managerial recommendations to improve the company’s current marketing position). These recommendations should be realistic and attainable. Please consider explanations as to how your recommendations may be implemented. Describe any suggestions you might have to implementing these recommendations.
Use Managerial vocabulary similar to our class discussions.