TOPIC:Answer one of the following questions:
1. What reasons does Aristotle give for thinking that the life of contemplation is the best one?Are his arguments sound? If so, explain why. If not, explain why not.
2. What is the picture of the ‘point’ of human life implicitness’s discussion of “alienation”, and how does this picture contrast with the views of Epicurus? Explain which of the two views you find more plausible and why.
3. What is Hume’s argument for the claim that suicide is at least sometimes permissible, and how might a defender of the impressibility of suicide respond to it. At the end of the day, is Hume’s argument sound? If so, explain why. If not, explain why not.
4. Explain (1) Schopenhauer’s reasons for thinking that life is full of suffering,and (2) how he thinks that we should live our lives to best deal with this situation. Explain why you do, or don’t,find sound his reasoning about(1) our condition in this world and (2) how we should best live our lives.
5. Explain (1) what Nietzsche objects to the view of how to live a ‘good’ life that he took to be received from Jude-Christian morality, and (2) what sort of life he recommends in its place? Explain why you do, or don’t, find Nietzsche’s arguments sound.Before writing your essay, be sure to:
A. (Re)read the writing guide and the discussion of the sample essay.
B. Go over your last essay to determine what did, and what didn’t, go well.
C. Consult your tutorial leader if any aspects of the questions are unclear.1N.B.: Since supersaturated in on line, the penalty is for each day past the due date, not just each weekday.