(1) discuss the importance of “first do no harm” with thoughtful examples in the student’s own words, (2) demonstrate a thorough understanding of the human body’s “innate ability to heal” including meaningful examples, (3) describe a process to comprehensively gather information to gain an understanding of the “underlying cause” of an illness or disease including […]
(1) demonstrate how narrative medicine tools of close reading, attentive listening and narrative writing from clinical practice can encourage empathy and promote deeper understanding between clinician and patient. (2) reflect on how narrative approaches can enrich understandings of illness, surface unexplored meanings in everyday clinical practice and foster personal and professional growth and development. (3) […]
1. Define an individual athlete, sport and level of participation, type of injury/illness, and mechanism of injury/illness. 2. Critically evaluate the epidemiology of the specific injury/illness (incidence and severity), injury/illness risk factors, and mechanisms of injury/illness. 3. Critically evaluate appropriate interventions in acute injury/illness management and rehabilitation of the athlete. 4. Demonstrate a critical awareness […]
1. Consider the beliefs of at least three cultures regarding illness and health. How do they compare with your personal beliefs? 2. Your nursing instructor uses the word “Mexican” in a sentence when describing a client. Would the use of a word such as Mexican, Filipino, Polish, Arab, Russian, or Black or African American be […]
Reflective paper for clinical observations, Dialysis – Identify any positive or negative aspects of the care provided by the RN and how did you feel about it -Relate how your own personal experiences influence your reaction to the clinical rotation -Identify how differences in culture impact that patient’s care and how they react to their […]
Watch this documentary: “In My Hands: A Story of Marfan Syndrome” Describe at least one type of illness identity illustrated in the documentary. Include the name of the interviewee, if available, when you provide your example. Make sure to use the types of illness identities in the CH 7 Power Point as a reference. You […]
You can choose to focus on a different topic for each of the five annotations, e.g… In relation to long-term and palliative/end of life care in different settings, critically analyse the complex care needs of patients. Critically evaluate the evidence base for care in relation to clients in long-term & palliative/end of life care settings. […]
What is the basis for some of the Alaskan Native beliefs as the causes of illness?
Discuss the importance of conducting a background study for the cause of an illness and relate how the environment can help in bringing about quick recovery.
1) Discuss how the concept of “health” has changed overtime. Discuss how the concept has evolved to include wellness, illness, and overall well-being. How has health promotion changed over time? Why is it important that nurses implement health promotion interventions based on evidence-based practice? 2) Compare and contrast the three different levels of health promotion […]